storing iris

From: "Libby Milroy" <imlibby@ns.nque.com>

I'm a fairly new gardener when it comes to iris but love them! I have a
quick question and have researched the web and cannot find any information
regarding this topic (probably because no one does this) Anyway, I have a
bed of about 20 bearded iris and recently bought a new house on an acreage
and desperately want to take my iris with me. I live in zone 5a and the
ground isn't completely frozen yet. I will move into my new house on Jan
15th. What can I do to make sure my iris come through the winter? I can't
plant them in January at the new house and really need some advice on how to
store them for several months until I can get them into the ground in May?
Thanks in advance for any advice. Libby