Re: CULT: Talk's Symposium

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Anner writes:

>Don't forget that at the beginning I stipulated to I.pallida, I.pseudacorus
>,and HELEN COLLINGWOOD, although I think Judy put that last one down,
>probably for emphasis! We already know from past experience that those will
>take practically anything.

Yes, you did.  However, these made the list anyway and I compiled them.
I can't help but remember that not so long ago I was unfamiliar with these
and it seemed that others folks with limited exposure to diversity of iris
types might find the information helpful and useful.  Plus, I also feel they
should not be slighted in the grand scheme simply because they are
familiar and tough.  After, when all is said and done, they will be reduced
to a single line in the list which is not so much out of close to a thousand
entries.

>I'm hoping some more folks will have finished thinking about their lists by
>now and will post them this weekend. Surely there must be SOMETHING growing
>well in their gardens......I mean, you'd think .......Patrick only had one
>name to contribute so far from his I'm sure to be larger soon collection,
but
>he piped up for BREAKERS.

True.  I picked up Patrick's name.  Also, there were some considered
afterthoughts from several and hopefully I managed to collect them as well.
It did occur to me while going through the lists that several folks seemed
to limit their selection to TBs as in the AIS symposium and it wasn't clear
to me if this was due to preference or because they had the impression
the talk list was limited to TBs, so didn't include other types.  Mr. Mahan,
for instance, only listed TBs and SIBs.  I wondered if he only concentrates
on those or if he felt this list was only for those.

If I can figure out how, I think I set up the compilation where it can
create
a list confined by type as drawn from the overall info.  Say a list of the
LAs which were named separate from other types.  That's what I'm
planning for my own use anyway since I'm interested in trying some
more SIBs, spurias and, as always, arilbreds in addition to the TBs.
And I'm really hoping to get a feel for some medians which might be
good ones to tackle here since I'm having such a dismal time managing
their culture requirements...or something.

Since my current list is a line per vote, it should be easy enough to
add any new input from talkers while I'm trying to go back and flesh
out the entries.  It will probably be somewhat harder for me to add
them once I start sorting and compiling the separate lists.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7 - going back to collect Anner's additions.