Re: CULT: Talk's Symposium

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/20/99 11:25:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
donald@eastland.net writes:

<< Yes, you did.  However, these made the list anyway and I compiled them.
 I can't help but remember that not so long ago I was unfamiliar with these
 and it seemed that others folks with limited exposure to diversity of iris
 types might find the information helpful and useful. >>

Okay, count them as votes from me, too.
 << I picked up Patrick's name.  Also, there were some considered
 afterthoughts from several and hopefully I managed to collect them as well.>>

Bravo! Stupor Mundi!

<<  Mr. Mahan, for instance, only listed TBs and SIBs.  I wondered if he only
concentrates  on those or if he felt this list was only for those.>>

Oh, no! Clarence grows all sorts of things and likes all sorts of things, no
question about that. I 'spect he was just moving along real fast since he has
a good deal on him what with being the Big Cheese. He went for depth rather
than breadth. I know he adores I. graminea and pumila ATROVIOLACEA and table
irises generally--the RHS has given a major award to his MTB ROBIN GOODFELLOW
-- and he likes JIs a very great deal and understands them thoroughly --he
was responsible for getting the taxonomy on ROSE QUEEN straighted out-- and
is also is deeply fond of neglectas especially...and a supporter of the
advances in remontancy in all irises...and is a student of all sorts of
species, bearded and beardless and introduced a white setosa named
SYLVANSHINE. He routinely takes ribbons with all sorts of different stuff.
But don't put those names down that I mentioned. Clarence voted the way
Clarence voted, just like the rest of us and I frankly did not feel it
appropriate to bug him further.
 << Since my current list is a line per vote, it should be easy enough to
 add any new input from talkers while I'm trying to go back and flesh
 out the entries.  It will probably be somewhat harder for me to add
 them once I start sorting and compiling the separate lists.>>

So did you want to set a cutoff date for inclusion in the compilation,
Donald? What did you have in mind? I mean, don't wear yourself out...

Anner Whitehead
"Come on people now, smile on your brother....."