Re: New Website

From: "Ian E. & Shirley Efford" <avocet.intl@sympatico.ca>

This week, the Ottawa Botanical Garden Society launched its website:-

At the moment, it is only in English but the French will be up and
running by the end of the month.

Under boutique, one can find a poster - ideal for sending as a Christmas
present - that is of Iris sibirica, probably Lady Godiva.  The photo was
take by Mike Lowe, a member of iris-talk, and donated to the Society to
help us raise funds.

Both posters are very beautiful and make excellent framed pictures.  The
one of tulips is taken by Malak, the brother of Karsh the famous
portrait photographer.  Malak is equally famous for his outdoor
photographs of flowers and gardens, etc.  This photograph is the one
that is in greatest demand by the public from all he has taken.  He has
taken a lot as the two brothers are in their 80's.  Both spent their
professional life in Ottawa and Karsh now lives in Boston.

If you would like the posters in bulk for club sales - just e-mail me
and we can negotiate a price.  We have a lot - 4500 each!!

Ian, in Ottawa

PS  At the moment, I am writing the vision document for our botanic
garden proposal.  Those interested will be able to see it on the website
over the next four to five weeks, as each chapter is prepared and
reviewed.  Unfortunately, this section will only be in English as it
will evolve with public input!