Re: CULT: notes on SRAWBERRY FAIR

From: Judyhunt1@aol.com

In a message dated 11/20/99 11:40:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, cris@netcom.ca
writes:

 <Regarding STRAWBERRY FAIR:
 I have recently discussed this plant with Carol Warner of Draycott Garden in
 Maryland who indicated that she had not had good results from growing this
 variety.>

Chris and Anner,
We bought it twice and neither time did it make it through a full year.  We
have had trouble with some of the other Hollingworth Siberians; some of them,
however, grow very well for us -- all in the same bed.  I have discussed this
with both Bob and Judy and they are as puzzled as we are.  Perhaps particular
cultivars just cannot deal with our roller coaster temperature during the
winter.

Judy Hunt in Louisville, Kentucky