OT Root Hormones

From: Cathycampi@aol.com

   I had hoped that Bill would have applied his expertise here but here"s the
best I've read.

From Charles W.G. Smith's " The Big Book of Gardening Secrets".

   "-The most powerful of these root-promoting compounds are called
auxins....Two chemicals--indolebutyric acid (IBA) and naphthaleneacetic acid
(NAA) -- were found to have very strong auxin properties...many
difficult-to-root plants would root if IBA or NAA  was applied to the base of
 the cutting.

-this research led to the creation of  of commercial rooting preparations...
Most consist of small amounts of IBA mixed with talc or another inert powder.
Some also contain a fungicide to inhibit fungal infection. ..."

   I have never used my Rootone on iris but theres nothing in the ingredients
that would suggest nitrogen to produce early fan growth.

   Root hormones in water are supposed to be best method but don"t think i
want to soak a rhizome that long.

Michael, Zone 7/8 Silicon valley Ca. , where there used to be orchards

       GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA:
Get an APR as low as 9.9 Fixed & NO annual fee! Apply online today!