Re: CULT: soaking seeds

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 11/20/1999 12:00:44 AM Central Standard Time,
randysiris@juno.com writes:

<< Now with Louisianas ( I've never tried this) but after talking to
 Farron Campbell, I'm soaking them 3 Months, then taking off the shell,
 potting the seeds, covering the pot with Saran wrap punched with holes.
 I'm told they'll sprout in 10 Days, We'll see.

In a box somewhere, I've 'bee pod' seed (many) saved from both Spuria and
Louisiana irises.  This sounds like an interesting winter project, and a way
to grow some of each that will do well here by saving the strongest of each
experiment.  Never mind the beauty part.  This would be for fun and amusement
rather than introduction.

Other place--I grew awesome Spurias and Louisianas by giving them what they
needed.  La on the lowest spot in the yard where the water from over an acre
drained down and the Spurias on a ridge.  Loved both.  Louisiana iris have
such grace.  Down side is that it was always too hot to enjoy much of
anything outside by the time either blooms.

Betty in BG KY.  Got an inch of slow rain but needing more.