RE: CULT: favorites

From: Thomas Gormley <TGORMLEY@compuserve.com>

Difficult choices but these are long term, bloom every year for  more than
3 years, great growers in Missouri clay, and rollercoaster weather  (25 to
85 F degrees in two days last week):

ABSTRACT ART, TB,( Keppel 90), Stunning plicata, gets all the attention in
the row
ART FAIRE, TB (Schreiner 93), faithful 100% WHITE/PURP
ASK ALMA, IB (Lankow 88)Coral lovely
AZ AP, IB (     Ensminger 79) Still my favorite blue on blue.
BABY BLESSED, SDB RE (Zurbrigg 79)  Most faithful rebloomer, early and late
BEACH BABY, SDB (       Tasco 95)Lights up the wide yard in yellow/red
BEING BUSY, SDB (       Hager 93) Instant clump!
BLUEBIRD IN FLIGHT, IB (Niswonger 88) White with blue, puts on a show!
BOTTLED SUNSHINE, IB (Nichols 95) Yellow/white, grows like a fool, blooms
for weeks
BRAVE NEW WORLD TB (Feurstein 96) Only TB Tom paid big $ for! Tall white w/
lav horns
BRIGHTEN UP, IB (Hager 90) Can spot this Orange instantly
BRONZE FALCON AB (Danielson, L. 87)Tall, elegant bronze-blue, not fussy
BUMBLEBEE DEELITE, MTB (Norrick 85) Grows everywhere in my yard
CAESAR'S BROTHER SIB (Morgan 32) Still the most popular Sib for visitors.
CAMELOT ROSE, TB (Tompkins 65) Velvety orchid/burgundy, still a favorite
CAROLYN ROSE MTB (Dunderman 71) We have 150+ MTBs but this is still one of
the best!
CHICKEE, MTB (Dunderman 79) Bright yellow and great grower
CLEAR MORNING SKY, TB (Ernst 91) Not just "another blue"!
CLYDE REDMOND, LA (Arney 71) Nothing like it!
CIRCUS PARADE, AB, (Danielson, H. 85) No fuss, always blooms
CURIOUS YELLOW, TB (Durrance 82) Outstanding Bright Yellow
DAZZLING GOLD, TB (Anderson 81) Every year wins Kevin a Blue and once Queen
of the Show!
DUSKY CHALLENGER, TB (Schreiner 86) Heavenly fragrance, Hugh dark purple!
FILM FESTIVAL, TB (     Keppel 93) Enchanting rose plicata, grows
wonderfully here
GOING MY WAY, TB (Gibson 72) Still the greatest of its type!
GRAPE ORBIT, SDB (Willott 85) Just keeps going and going! White with grape
JESSE'S SONG, TB (Williamson 83) Always is a show stalk-whether there is a
show or not!
JEWEL OF OMAR, AB (Boswell 86) Who says Arilbreds won't grow in Missouri?
LARK ASCENDING, TB (Hager 96) Majestic white with red beard, TALL
LEMON MIST, TB (Rudolph 72) Still a garden favorite, delicate fragrance
LILAC & LAVENDER,       SDB (Greenlee 80) Delicate colors, sturdy grower
LITTLE BLUE EYES,       SDB RE (Weiler 93) First one to bloom, always!
Yellow with blue brd
LITTLE PAUL, MTB (      Fisher, K. 85) We give this to everyone! Blooms
early and late, clumps nicely.
MAD MAGENTA, SIB         (Warburton 86) Stunning!
MALAGUENA, TB (Ghio 84) Shouts Orange!
MARIA TORMENA, TB, (Ensminger 87)Mother of many "broken color" iris-Great
grower
MASADA, TB (Tompkins 82) Metallic red/fushia, sparkles in sun
MOSTEST, BB (Durrance 90) And it is the mostest yellow!
NIGERIAN RASPBERRY, TB (Kasperek 95) Raspberry BC that doesn't sulk
PATIO ROSE, SIB (Bellagamba 93) One of my very favorites!
PERSIAN BERRY, TB (Gaulter 77) Everyone loves it! Looks like a raspberry
soda.
RASPBERRY JAM, SDB (Niswonger 80) Keeps blooming even when the car runs
over it!
RAZZLE-DAZZLE, SDB (Gaddie, G. 84) Bright-pansy violet with wine spot.
REMINISCENCE, MTB (Mahan, C. 94) Subtle violet/plum, great grower.
RILL, SIB (Bellagamba 91) Outstanding in every way.
SERENITY PRAYER, SDB RE (Dyer, P. 87) Delicate, lovely, faithful grower.
SILVERADO, TB (Schreiner 87) Many times Queen, gorgeous next to Dusky
Challenger!
SMELL THE ROSES, SDB RE (Byers 87) My favorite because it is blooming NOW!
SONG OF NORWAY, TB (Luihn 79) Delicate blue Dykes, lives next to VANITY,
what a pair!
SUPERSTITION, TB (Schreiner     77) Our favorite black because it grows for
everyone, anywhere.
VANITY, TB (Hager 75) PINK, No superlative can do it justice.
VAVOOM, SDB (Ensminger 94) Sunshine in a plant-makes me happy to look at
it.
WABASH, TB (Williamson 36) Have moved this all over the US with me- a good
friend!
WELL ENDOWED, TB (Ghio 78) Gold is my favorite in an iris and this is
outstanding-huge, doesn't fade

It took a lot of whittling to get down from 118 to this list!  These are
all "no fuss", faithful bloomers but there are many newer ones that hold
great promise - a few more years of hot/freeze to test.

Rita Gormley
Cedar Hill, MO Zone 5
AIS Region 18