Re: SPEC: pseudoregelias

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>From: DWiris@aol.com
>Sometimes these appear on the seed lists of the North American Rock Garden
>Society.  We have obtained many iris species there, but, unfortunately,
>sometimes they are misnamed.  We are especially interested in I. pumila and
>other MDB species.  We donate seeds each year in order to get priority in
>ordering seeds.
>Dorothy Willott

Dear Dorothy, I'm not fully familiar with the rules about what makes an MDB
an MDB, but if it's just a height requirement (and that it has a beard, of
course), then there are lots of aril species (including some of the
pseudoregelias) that would qualify.

I love the dwarf beardeds too, and I really like the bizarre colors &
patterns that the aril world has to offer.  So hybridizing MDB arilbreds is
naturally one of my interests.  Others have hybridized aril-pums already,
but shame on me for not growing them yet!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com