Re: Re:Favorites

From: Claire235@aol.com

I will add a southern garden to the favorites list.  Being on an island,
my soil is naturally sandy.  It has been greatly amended and iris
really grow despite heat in summer, drought conditions etc.  I am
fortunate to have a sprinkler system and this helps with the lack
of rain.

I have previously mentioned Siberians are the most difficult to grow
but a few flourish.

TB: Eleanor Roosevelt
      Wabash
      Turner Mills
      Sign of Virgo
      Rich Man
      Ann
      Rosalie Figge
      Violet Music
      Immortality
      Clarence

Medians: 0nly Lady Emma is consistent.  Robin Goodfellow,
Little Wabash, Silk and Velvet do well but not this past year.

LA:Professor Neil
     Professor Jim
     Waverly Pink

SP:Candlelace
     Look Again
     Son of Son

AR:Persian Art
     Bionic Flash
     0mar The Tentmaker (Has rebloomed for me)

JA:Bridge 0f Dreams
     0riental Eyes
     Icy Peaks
     Bellender Blue
     Pink Dace

I grow a lot of different species and this helps me have iris year
round.  Right now Trimezia is blooming and Corn Harvest.
Unguicularis probably in January, then bulbs like reticulata,
bucharica and danfordae will follow.

I do a lot of iris container gardening on the deck, too, and really
enjoy this.

Claire Honkanen, Isle 0f Palms,SC, Region V zone 8 for most of
the time.