MED: Defining MDB's

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: DWiris@aol.com
>
> There has been quite a to-do the last two years about the proper
definition
> for MDBs.  At the AIS Board Meeting in St. Louis two weeks ago, it was
voted
> that the only official qualification for MDBs is the height.  This limit
was
> reaffirmed as "up to 20 cm (8 inches)."  At the same time there was no
> mention of which species should be included.

Dorothy,

Surely, they must also have beards, as the name implies! (-:

Seriously, though, does this decision mean that a hybridizer could register
an Arilbred (or even a pure Aril) that blooms at a height of 8 inches or
less either as an AB (AR) or an MDB at his/her option?

jcwalters@bridgernet.com
Where we had our first valley snow of the year today