Re: CAT:Siberians and Louisiana

From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>

From: StorYlade@aol.com
I like red
and cornflower blue Louisianas.  Space is very limited.  Any
recommendations?

Hi Betty,
I would highly recommend Sinfonietta (LA) 33"  It has been described as
Mid
Gentian Blue, Deep Sky Blue, or Blue Bird Blue, maybe a little darker
than
your looking for but it's one of my favorite LA's.
A new one for me is Ann's Child (B. Hager '88) LA 30" Bright Deep Red,
very nice.
I would also check out Frank Chowing (H. Rowlan '87) LA 33", described in
Schreiner's flyer as the Brightest Currant Red.

I agree with Mark, try to get your hands on an Iris City Gardens catalog,
I'm really
impressed with the varieties that Macey and Greg McCullough grow,
And no Black Gamecock is BLACK ,a fast growing short black.

Randy in California