Re: judges training

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hi Jim

I am JT chair for Region 14.  For some time now we have had a 5-hour seminar
in June. It has usually, though not always, been set up as one subject for 3
hours, with test; then 2 hours on a different subject, with test.  So far we
have had one person do the whole day.  Two people could do it with this
format also. In my opinion, 5 separate hours would be too choppy, too many
subjects, and yes too much time given to tests. Instead of two tests taking
a total of 15 or so minutes, you would have a 5 to 8 minute test every hour,
thus cutting down the amount of time for actual instruction, the point of
the whole exercise!

Margaret