HIST: "Drady"

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/22/99 4:49:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Irisborer@aol.com writes:

<<  Drady   Unintroduced        Tiny tailored flowers on branched stems.
 Standards  white with black wire rim, black falls. >>

 Tell me about DRADY.  I know it gets mentioned alot, but I've never seen a
 picture or a plant.  Is this a TB??  Why does it  have a name but be
 unintroduced?? >>

It is one of  the great HIPS unknowns. A magnificently beautiful small iris.
As far as I know it is still unregistered. "Drady" is the garden name it came
with. It has been kicking around since the 'thirties --or so Cameron Hall
told me--and showed up first in the Midwest--don't quote me on that last bit.
 I'd classify it as a MTB here, and while it is worth all manner of bother, I
could not favorably compare its growth habits here, especially rate of
increase, with some of the others I grow. A photo is on the HIPS page, along
with photos of several other irises which have shown up on people's lists.

Enjoy!

http://www.worldiris.com

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman