RE: judges training

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Definitely not five one-hour sessions.  This is only enough time to teach
exactly the contents of the handbook and no more.  For me, the value of
judge's training is to get the judge's interpretation of the handbook (which
is only a guide) and practical advice.

Depending on the topics, you could schedule one & a half, two, two & a half
or three hour sessions.  For example, you could schedule two hours for TBs
then two session on medians.

The easiest though is to schedule two sessions either equal time or 3 hours
and 2 hours.  But the maximum is 3 hours for one session and maximum 3
sessions for one day.  I prefer asymmetry though.  It seems to make the time
pass faster.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)