Re: CULT: favorites list

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Dell Perry writes:

>OK, OK, so I listed 26 - sue me!!!

Okay.  I will.  Anner's not trying to compile this stuff.

Seriously, I was delighted to see your list.  Since I'm having trouble
with all the median class, I was especially interested to see that a
fellow Texan is having success and will particularly note those on the
list.

Alas, you folks even have more time to get a list out.  Sad to say that
this weekend while I was playing around with sorting the info I had
already entered, I managed to get a whole column disassociated from
the other columns.   This did not make the list entirely unusable for
me, but it did mean that info I will need was no longer associated with
the cultivars with which it was sent.  End result is that I started over
from scratch on entering new data, since I now have a better idea of
what I'm going to need in the end.  I will still use the old list, but in an
abbreviated manner from what I'd intended.  At this point I have more
than half the data reentered with additional information which I didn't
pick up the first go 'round.  Just playing with the sort options is fun.  I
at least have some interesting data to call up.  When I messed it up
there were nearly 1100 line entries, one per mention per list.  Ultimately,
the intention is to reduce multiple entries for a cultivar to one line with
accumulated data.

I should take precautions so I don't do it again, but so far I'm over-
confident in my ability not to repeat the mistake and haven't gotten
'round to it.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7 - who received a very nice list from a talker by private
e-mail.