Re: CULT: favorites list

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Anner writes,
><< Anner's not trying to compile this stuff. >>
>Who says?
How far along are you?

>Don't wear yourself out, Donald. That would spoil all the fun and the raw
>material is in the archives for everyone to study

I'm not yet.  I've already learned some things.  I actually read the lists
pretty carefully as I'm inputting the data (and now I'm reading them a
second time).  Much will stay with me (for a while, anyway).  My own
wish list will no doubt be modified as result of all this.  I can't be sure
just yet, but it does appear some patterns are emerging.  Don't know
if the numbers qualify as enough to draw conclusions from a scientific
standpoint, but then consider the amount of experience many on this
talk list have with growing irises.........  The diversity is nothing short
of mindboggling.  And it is in this area that I wonder if here the info is
being shorted.  What do some of the lurkers grow, I wonder....and
what's another 1000 line entries anyway?

>Regrettably, there won't be a record of lists sent to you privately.
Oh, I don't know.  It was an interesting list with interesting comments
and a reasonable doubt as to the purpose of doing the list.  I think I
might share the thoughts and cultivars without naming the contributor
before I'm done with it all, unless the contributor really had strong
objections.  I would doubt that, since it was a thoughtful and gracious
compilation from an experienced iris grower which I appreciated receiving.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7