Re: Best Growers/Bloomers

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Billie,

Thanks for the list.  That is the second one from Mississippi
along with the inestimable Walter Moores.  Some states aren't
represented yet.  Oklahoma, Arkansas, Oregon come quickly
to mind.  Canada and Australia have sent in some.  I finally
decided to track mentions by using the states as the origin.
It's not perfect, but gives some info on where the irises are being
grown and loved.  A couple appear consistently from the same
general area, but some are apparently growing all over.

I've managed to get the lists logged except for those received
yesterday p.m. and today (except for Dell Perry's and I couldn't
wait to read what was growing so near, so snuck it right out of
the stack and entered it).  So the list goes on.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7 - who is staying up late so I can continually chase
the deer out of the yard.  They've made scrapes out of some of
the precious little oaks from acorns.  I have murder in my eyes.