Re: HELLO THERE ALL, IRIS CATALOQUE......

From: John I Jones <jijones9@pacbell.net>

> Willem Kuyt wrote:
>
> hI EVERYBODY...
>
> I AM A IRIS, MARTAGON, LILY AND PEONY GROWER IN ALBERTA CANADA....OVER
> 2.000 VARIETIES OF FLOWERS...
> HOLLNDIA FLOWERS AND BULBS...
> ANYBODY INTRESTED IN A CATALOQUE?????
>
> SEND ME AN E-MAIL..

Willem

I know you are new to the list so I thought I would take an opportunity
to let you know a few things.

First of all. Typing in all caps is generally thought of as shouting.
Nextly, when you ask people if they want a catalog or an iris or
anything else that requires a response that the rest of the list would
not be interested in, you should ask them to respond privately instead
of clogging up the list with the responses. Granted, list members should
know better that to send their replies to the list, but reminding them
seems to help.

Lastly we ask the everyone use a subject tag for their messages. The
message tags were explained in the welcome message you received when you
subscribed to the list. The message contains a lot of information you
might want to review. If yo need another copy, please let me know. The
Subject Tags list is below:

 For the people who use filters to sort their mail the subject tags are
critical.

Remember, the format is the tag in ALL CAPS followed by a colon (:),
followed by your subject. (no space between the subject tag and the colon)

[Subject tag]:[your subject description]

The colon is a very important part of the tag. The standard tags are
below. You might want to print this for reference.

Thanks

John

 TAG    Used For
----   --------

 TB:    tall bearded irises
 MED:   median and dwarf bearded irises
 AR:    arilbred and aril irises
 SIB:   Siberian irises
 LA:    Louisiana irises
 JI:    Japanese irises
 SPU:   spuria irises
 PCN:   Pacific coast native irises
 BULB:  bulb irises (Dutch, reticulatas, Junos)
 SPEC:  iris species (particularly those not covered in another category)

 REB:   reblooming irises
 SA:    space-age irises
 HIST:  historic irises and history of iris development

 CULT:  culture
 HYB:   hybridizing
 REF:   references (books and society publications)
 SHOW:  iris shows and related topics
 IRC:   IRC chat sessions (currently Friday nights)
 AIS:   American Iris Society business and issues
 PHOTO: iris photography
 COMP:  iris-related computer topics (record keeping, photo digitizing, etc.)
 CAT:   iris catalogs and discussion of commercial nurseries
 AD:    iris-related advertisement (ads not related to irises are *not*
 welcome!)

 OT-PLANTS: other garden plants (not irises)
 OT-ART:    iris-motif art and craftwork
 OT-HUMOR:  iris-related humor
 OT-CHAT:   personal messages and conversation (consider taking it off-list!)
 OT-BIO:    introduction from a new subscriber (please follow with your name)

 ADMIN:    Reserved for list owner

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-talk

Subscribe to iris-photos at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-photos