TB: question - ARMAGEDDON

From: linda Mann <lmann@mailhub.icx.net>

Just got a roll of film developed from last spring and am looking at the
photo of what Chet Tompkins sent as ARMAGEDDON - it is a lovely bloom
but looks nothing like the photo.  The flower I have is a lovely pink
with a deep rose, wide, irregular blotch down the middle of the fall,
rather than the photos I've seen of ARMAGEDDON, which looks more like
deep burgundy falls with a narrow pink band.  Does anybody know if
ARMAGEDDON can vary that much in bloom color/pattern?

I really like this flower & it's a definite keeper even if I never
figure out what it is, but I would like to get ARMAGEDDON too, if it's
something else.

Thanks.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
photo of killig fields in peak bloom is beautiful