CULT: About the List Survey - Again

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Greetings.

I am sending this information along to reach anyone who missed it a week ago.

This post is for those of you who may have been briskly deleting what you
thought would be of no interest, or for those of you who have gotten lost in
the flurry of excited posts on several different but related topics under
discussion at this time, or for those who are undecided about whether
participating in this project is the best use of your valuable time.

For the last couple of days we have been conducting an informal survey. We
have been sharing lists of a couple of dozen irises of any age and kind which
have proven to be exceptionally satisfying plants in our gardens. Quite a few
people have contributed from diverse regions, and I believe we have learned
some interesting things. Some folks post only a few names, some many. Each
list is valuable in itself, and as part of the larger picture.

It could be said that this is a broad-based grass-roots documention of good
garden irises at the end of the first full century of hybridizing. It
unquestionably is the voice of experience, telling it like it is. The more
people we hear from, the more we know.

We are sure there must be irises in your garden which you consider to be
superior garden plants. We hope you will take a few minutes to share a list
of them with us, along with some brief remarks on your growing conditions.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com