Re: CULT: Very Best of Our Best

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/23/99 5:00:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Irisborer@aol.com writes:

<<  it's interesting to see the common threads and the unique irises.  It's
interesting to see the lists from similar climates - and  from totally
different climates. Lots of interesting material here and conclusions to come
to (jump to??).>>

I'm also finding it really interesting to hear about what grows well in
different geographic locations. I've always been curious about that. In this
survey we set the standard high and asked for first hand experience and folks
are responding with what they have learned. Sure, it is subjective and
anecdotal information, but how could it be otherwise?

Now, obviously we are not hearing about EVERYTHING that grows well within the
sight of our voices, since not everyone committed to growing irises is on
this list, and it is clear that we all, and presumptively the others, have
wondrously idiosyncratic collections containing all sorts of irises, but we
have assembled a good deal more information about some things than we have
had before. And we have learned more about each of us here who has shared
what they know, which is a very fine thing, too, and perhaps the finest thing
of all.

I'm not worried about people jumping to firm conclusions. I'm confident that
folks are aware of the rollicking informality of the situation and the limits
of the data we have assembled and all the variables. But there was no
hypothesis to be proven, other than that people here had learned some
interesting things.

And just think, Borer, at the beginning we worried that no one would want to
come to our party...... now we need to rent a ballroom and get a band!

Anner Whitehead