CULT:SPEC: Lloyd's I. tectorum

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/23/99 7:04:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
z88keys@mindspring.com writes:

<<  I think there is nothing lovlier in the garden than I tectorum alba.
(Oddly I grew
 many seedlings from this, and all have been some shade of lavender-violet
 with various amounts of stippling in a deeper color. ) >>

Dr. Z, do you mean that you crossed this with a non-evansia and got all
lavenders, or that your white tectorums come lavender when selfed? I thought
it always came true when selfed and that has been my experience with my
clone....

I'm so glad you like the white tetorums, too. I have mine with blue hostas
and ferns and I love them a lot. I got rid of the lavender ones since I did
not think they were nearly as nice, even the clone from the Peking Botanical
Garden I got from Signa, although that one did have more regular markings and
better form. Not as thrifty a plant, though, which I thought was ironic. I
have a small garden and sometimes have to choose between things. Out went the
lavender tectorums, in came the white japanese anemones for fall.

Thanks for your list, Lloyd. We appreciate it a lot.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com