Re: CULT: Favorite 'Lost' Irises

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/24/99 8:26:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< I would like to see a list of 'lost' irises  ---ones you discarded,
foolishly gave away without keeping a start for yourself, or died and now
want back but cannot find.>>

At this point it seems prudent to speak up briskly and say that the office of
the HIPS Commercial Source Chairman will reopen for referrals to sources for
specific historic irises around 15 February when the new catalogs start
rolling in. Any information we could offer now would be based on expired
catalogs, and nurseries don't like people to use those. Also, this is the
time of year in which we take care of the adminisitrative work for the
office, the behind the scenes stuff that keeps the little boat afloat.

Later we will be glad to help people locate any stuff that they can't replace
by posting their Lost Treasures list. HIPS members get our attention first
when time is short.

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society, AIS