Re: Re: CULT: Very Best of Our Best

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

From Anner re:
><<
> # mentions      cultivar name    type   rebloom  historic   origin of
votes

> e.g.
>
>     4          PRISM      IB   re   h    CA(1) TX(1) ON(2)
>  >>

>Looks real good, Donald.  Very straightforward and lucid. And I assume it
>should be possible to sort by type, or location, or whatever. We are
>enormously grateful to you for your efforts.

Welllllll.  Theoretically at least.  I don't quite know what I've done, but
I'm
having trouble with some columns sorting, but not others.  Hope to figure
it out.  I now have multiple copies of the master list as I'm sure to mess
it up until I figure out the problem.  The last field - 'origin of votes' is
more
problematic.  In order to sort, I think each state would have to be it's own
column and with 50 states and however many there may be in Australia
and Canada, it would create a print problem.  I doubt I have the skills to
make that application practical.  However, there will be a list with the
info once it is compiled, so someone with more skill might be able to
take a crack at doing it.  Certainly with the large number of multiple
entries for a cultivar, the final list will be much smaller - and there were
a lot of multiple votes for cultivars.  More than I would have expected
considering the number of iris intros growing out there in iris land.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7