Re: CULT: Favorite 'Lost' Irises

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

	When I posted earlier today about my 'lost' irises, I had not
intended to enlist the aid of the Hips office at this busy holiday
season.  And, since the list could be considered lengthy, I would
not burden any one person with researching these cultivars.
Actually, some have already been researched and have been
missing for several years now.  Some have been mentioned in this
medium before, though not in this context and others are not

	With the expanded readership we now have on iris-talk, I am in
hopes somebody might be growing some of my 'lost' irises in their
gardens and perhaps can make a trade.  Here are some of my
favorite 'lost' irises.  If you know of the whereabouts of any of these,
please contact me off list.  Thanks!

	Attractive			TB		Craig 69		Early zonal amoena
	Balkan Glacier       TB		Hager 68		Ice white/blue
	Border Beauty		BB		Craig 68		Sib to Attractive
	Candy Cane		BB		Z.Benson R.69 Salmon splashed red
	                                                              Widely grown in TX
	                                                              though unintro'd
	Fiesta Sun			TB       Schmelzer 70  Variegata
	Flaming Light		TB       Rex Brown 73  Bright orange
	Hob Nob			BB 	Hutchings 65   A mini Wabash
	Lebanese Snow     AB       Muhlestein 70  Only white AB self
												I know
	Make Believe		AB		Paul 60            Like a lighter Batik
	Moody				TB		Christensen 76 Variegata
	Must Have			AB       Linse 64           Dark lav with darker
	Ode to Kalifa		AB       Moores 80        Olive flecked blue
	Oh Gee			TB		Neubert 68		 Lavender
	Naive'  				TB    	Abell 72            Beige, magenta
	Scandal			BB		Beattie 62		 Yellow veined brown
	Scrimshaw			TB		Moores 84	       Amoena plic/blue
	Skiers' Paradise     TB       Zurbrigg 78       Violet white plicata
												 with solid border.
												 Like a zonal.
	Sunday Punch		TB		Crandall 77		 Red
	Sunset Snows		TB        Stevens 65       Pink amoena

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8