Re: CULT:SPEC: Lloyd's I. tectorum

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Dr. Z said:

<< I thinkthere is nothing lovlier in the garden than I tectorum alba. (Oddly
I grew
many seedlings from this, and all have been some shade of lavender-violet
with various amounts of stippling in a deeper color.)>>

Since since there would be nothing 'odd' --to use Dr.Z's  term-- about
getting lavender seedlings if lavender tectorum was in the garden, I thought
Lloyd MIGHT be saying he had effected a cross between tectorum and some other
iris, possibly a bearded one as in the PALTEC cross, about which I would
certainly like to hear more. Hence my question.

Lloyd, if you are there, have you accomplished this?

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com