RE: CULT:SPEC: Lloyd's I. tectorum

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Cindy,

Not quite.  If violet is dominant over white, then a heterozygous parent
(Aa) would be violet but have the white gene.  If you cross two heterozygous
parents (Aa X Aa), 25% would be homozygous violet (AA), 50% would be
heterozygous violet (Aa) and 25% would be homozygous white (aa).

If you take the progeny and do all the possible crosses, you get:

AA X Aa:  all violet -- 50% AA and 50% Aa
AA X aa:  all violet  -- 100% Aa
Aa X Aa:  75% violet (25% AA, 50% Aa), 25% white
aa X aa:  all white -- 100% aa

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4) -- where spring has turned back into Autumn and
still no signs of the bulletin