Re: Re: CULT: I. japonica

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

Like Tom D. and Dorothy W., I grow I. japonica in pots, and mine have
bloomed 2x in the 18 months since I've grown them.

I do not have the variegated form, but just the regular green form, and
maybe that's the difference.  I'm not sure.

Mine has survived temps down to about 20 deg F.  I bring it indoors during
the winter, at which point it starts sending up bloom stalks.  It bloomed
for me in December/January and again in May.  I assume it will bloom again
in a few weeks when I bring them indoors again.

They like lots and lots of water.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html