Re: SPEC: my favorites (what lives)

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

fulva - (3 forms) - loves it here, but requires plenty of water during
growing season, blooms profusely, lots of pollen, excellent parent

versicolor - (4 forms) - loves it here, but requires plenty of water too, a
bit of midday shade helps too

cristata - (2 forms) - increasing quite well, but hasn't bloomed for me yet
(2 years old)

virginica var. shrevei - (1 form) - probably needs more water than what I'm
giving it, one clump bloomed nicely for the first time this year, the other
3 clumps haven't yet in 2 years

foetidissima - (4 forms) - so far, so good, only had them for 8 months now,
the variegated foliage form is a knockout!

brevicaulis - (1 form) - died on me! I foolishly kept it in a pot over
winter, but didn't protect it, the freezing temps killed it off last winter

setosa - (10+ forms) - an absolute knock-out plant, KOSHO EN is listed
among my favorite 25, this plant also likes extra water

japonica - (1 form) - must be grown in pots and brought indoors since it
can't handle cold winter temps, knockout flowers! also in my favorite 25

wattii? - (1 form) - fussy, fussy, fussy!  hasn't bloomed yet, I'm giving
it the same care as japonica

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com