From: Lorraine Miller <lcmiller@televar.com>

	I've been lurking and appreciating the lists, but today is "turkey day"
and, with kids, grandkids & great grands, I no longer do the turkey
thing, so took time this AM to make a list.  Since I grow so very many
"antiques", my list includes them mostly.  Twenty-five is an
impossibility, especially when we also need to include Irises other than
TBs.  I love them all, and never discard anything.  They only leave my
garden if they die, and not many do.  Everything grows beautifully here
in central Washington.  I don't have leaf-spot, borers, or any of those
nasty things some of you put up with -- only weeds which grow like --
well, WEEDS!!
ADDED PRAISE, Boushay '76 - Wisteria blue self with with a creamy beard,
yellow throat.  I love the shape of the bloom
BLUE LUSTRE, O. Brown '73 - One of nicest blues I grow
CAFE OLE, Ghio '92 - Tall cocoa, my favorite brown this year, although I
also love DUTCH CHOCOLATE, Schreiner '70 & GINGERBREAD CASTLE, Tompkins
CHARMED CIRCLE, Keppel '69 - Lovely plic, white ground with dark violet
COUNTRY MANOR, Kegerise '73 - Deep cream, often has several open blooms
on a nice stalk
CRYSTAL GLITTERS, Schreiner '85 - Ruffled pale peachy cream
DOT & DASH, Hall '60 - Medium tall, but grows well. S deep violet; F
white, bordered with deep violet plic markings.  I like this darker
EPICENTER, Ghio '94 - Gorgeous color contrast, pale salmon falls with
cherry edge & standards
FLAMING LIGHT, R. Brown '73 - A favorite orange
FORGE FIRE, Ernst '91 - Crimson red self.  Possibly my favorite red.
GOLDEN CLARET, Hamblen '75 - Yellow standards, red falls.  I like this
GRAND WALTZ, Schreiner '70 - Lavender-orchid self, very ruffled edge.
Nice clump, I love it
HIGH LIFE, Schreiner '64 - Wine on white plic; distinctive, can't miss
it in the garden
JOYCE TERRY, Muhlstein '74 - Great yellow, white falls have a wide
yellow band
KISS OF LEMON, Plough '66 - A nice shorter clump in a clear lighter
LACED COTTON, Schreiner -78 - Ruffled & laced pure white
LADY FRIEND, Ghio '81 - Garnet red.  A favorite here too
LIME FIZZ, Schreiner '68  - Lime to canary yellow, ruffled & laced
MARY FRANCES, Gualter '73 - Older Dykes, always nice. Ruffled orchid,
tall & beautiful
MING ROSE, O. Brown '84 - Nice laced rosy-pink.  Another favorite
NORA EILEEN, G. Richardson '94 - Beautiful majenta wine by Gerry R., who
has been doing  some inovative things, but only in recent years was
persuaded to introduce some of them.  I consider Gerry a neighbor since
he also lives in South Central Washington (Richland).
PETITE POSEY, Schreiner '75 - Heavy lace edge; white ground, lightly
plic-marked lavender-pink.  Have had this a long time and has always
been a favorite.
SHOP TALK, Merle Roberts '97 - A large, tall, ruffled cerise purple
self.  Merle is another comparatively new hybridizer from central
Washington, -- Grand Coulee, near the magnificent Coulee Dam.  He has
introduced few Irises (3?).  His first in '96, and only one a year, I
believe.  He is very selective.  Watch for his introductions.
SOUTHLAND GRAPE, Burch '78 - Dark violet with a bronzy-orange beard.
The best part of this tall Iris is the grape fragrance
SILVERADO, Schreiner '87 - What can I say.  A beautiful clump, tall
silvery light blue.  Certainly deserving of the Dykes.
WEDDING VOW, Ghio '72 - White self, always a favorite of mine in a nice
medium high clump.

APRICOT FROSTY, BB, Niswonger '92 - White standards, apricot falls
CRANAPPLE, BB, Aitken '95 - Deep red bi-tone
FAUX PAS, Keppel '90 - Peach, washed rosy orchid on the falls
HELLCAT, IB, Aitken '81 - Pale lavender Standards over dark
blue-lavender Falls.
MAUI MOONLIGHT, IB, Aitken '86 - Ruffled clear light yellow, makes a
gorgeous clump.
RARE EDITION. IB, Gattu. '80 - Mulberry purple plicata
RASPBERRY BLUSH, IB, Hamblen '76 - Outstanding raspberry clump

BOO, SDB, Markham '71 - White with a dark purple spot
CHERRY GARDEN, SDB, B. Jones '66 - Red self
FAVORITE ANGEL, SDB, B. Jones '90 - Clearest white self
GOLDEN RUBY, SDB, Niswonger '86 - Standards yellow, F red, edged yellow,
blue beard, ruffled
GREENSPOT, SDB, Cook '51 - White, with distinct green spot on the falls.
INDIAN JEWEL, SDB, A. Brown'72 - White standards, with enamel blue
falls, which look turquise to me.
ROYAL CONTRAST, SDB, A. Brown '61 - Dark purple with a distinctive white
TRULY, SDB, Warburton '78 - Nice medium blue
TWEETY BIRD, SDB, Black '92 - Light yellow, flushed pinkish
WITH CASTANETS, SDB, J. Richtie '91 - Creamy lemon yellow with a deep
yellow spot

NINEVAH, AB, Keppel '66 - Mostly red-violet.  Just getting started with
some aril-breds, and have now put them in a separate bed where they
should get the proper care   For the most part they seem to  have done
okay mixed in with the others, although they probably get more water
than they like.

A great many of my Iris came as a result of purchase & sharing in the
Columbia Basin Iris Society which has existed since 1955.  Thru the
years I've accepted anything that was offered and which I didn't already
have, but I've run out of room so now have to be a little selective.
But I love them all, and have really gotten into the SDBs to border my
beds. Of course, I also invest $ in many I've seen at Regional &
Conventions, and think I can't do without.

Just have to stop.  There are so many more I'd like to include,
especially the older ones, but better not.  You will hate me for such a
long list.

	Lorraine Miller, Columbia Basin, Zone 6 in Washington State