Re: Rhizome and soft rot - REPLY

From: "heather & bernard pryor" <irishaven@pip.com.au>

Charmain said:

> Have had problems with soft and rhizome rot.
> Here in Queensland Australia I guess it is the rainfall and humidity.  I
swore I would never buy another TB rhizome. (snip!)<<

Charmain,

Why don't you try Louisiana iris?  They would grow extremely well in your
climate.  I have been to Toowoomba (great place) and have had the pleasure
of visiting many of the beautiful gardens in your area.  (For those of you
who don't know, Toowoomba is known as "the Garden City" and people travel
from all over the Land of Oz to see the gardens there!).

If you would like some advise about the varieties which would grow there,
please chat with me off-line and I would be happy to assist you.

Cheers for now,
Heather Pyror
Sydney. Land of Oz.
irishaven@pip.com.au