  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC: TEC's
  • From: "Patterson, Dallas" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:44:56 -0800

From: "Patterson, Dallas" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>

We've had our FRECKLETEC for one year. The foilage is still very sparse,
so we can't report much about its habit. It bloomed this year, and the
blossoms in the spring constituted more mass of the total plant than the
few leaves of foliage. So, you could see this large and beautiful blossom
sitting not far above the ground with scarcely a leaf around to mark the
source of the bloom <g>. Presently, the plant is going dormant for the
winter after growing this season's increase.

The nearby I. unguicularis 'Mary Barnard' continues blooming today as the
rain subsides...<VBG>. Temperatures are in the high 30s to mid-40s.

Dallas Patterson
USDA Zone 8
on Puget Sound, Washington