Re: Cult: Rot

From: John I Jones <jijones9@pacbell.net>

wmoores wrote:

> From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
>

> > Just my opinion, perhaps someone from our southern tier (US) can chime
> > in.
> >
> > John
>
>      From Deep in Dixie
>
>  You can't get any wetter or more humid than here for an inland
> climate, yet I have had very little rot with irises on my hillside.
> If
> the straight bleach method doesn't work, try terrachlor.  I think the
> overuse of nitrogen fertilizers, planting too close together and too
> deeply are the chief causes for rot.  Sharp drainage will help.
>
>  Walter Moores

Thanks Walta, and thanks for updating the Subject Tag which *I* failed
to do
(so I will send myself a reminder)

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-talk

Subscribe to iris-photos at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-photos