Re: OT - Bio: Kathy Haggstrom

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/26/99 10:01:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hagg@alaska.net writes:

<<  I'll just say I grow Iris setosas as a serious hobby/living. >>

Oh, Kathy! Oh! Oh! Welcome back!

You have been on my mind.

I was just telling a list friend the other day that there was a bit in the
recent AIS Bulletin from a fellow in Petersburg, VA, which is about
twenty-five miles south of me, who says he is having some bother getting his
setosa seedlings to bloom.They have not bloomed after three years. I've never
had any bloom before the third year, but I've always had bloom that year,
with the exception of one I grow from SIGNA seed under the name I.setosa
"Grandiflora", which I don't think is legitimate. I need to check the BIS
book on that taxonomy. Anyway, others in colder climes claim bloom in the
second year and I'm wondering if this area may be the southern limit of good
growth. We are just north of the latitude at which the native I. tridentatas
are said to start appearing in the wet places close to the Atlantic coast.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com