From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>

Bobbie Shepard has truly wonderful Spurias--but they are for warm climates--
If one is going to grow Spurias in colder climates, it twould be better to
try some from colder climates--I have about a dozen from Dave
Niswonger--many he hybridized himself--and while they are not trying to
outgrow their area, they are surviving for at least 5 years now, and bloom
every year--
several years ago I tried some which were from warmer climates--and they do
not survive in the colder climates--A couple years ago at AIS Annual Meeting
, in the Spuria section meeting, there was a round-table discussion on
growing Spurias--and I  posed the question to the group--do you think that
there are cold climate and warm climate Spurias?  the answer was a definite
So, I am happily growing cold climate Spurias--and since they are doing well
here--I hope to start in on cold weather Japanese next!!!
Carryl in western Montana zone 3/4   where we are having a few flakes of
snow now!