Re: SPEC: Iris polystachya Thunb.

From: "David Slootmans" <d.slootmans@worldonline.nl>

Dear Anner,first i wil answer some questions from
your message,yes I live in the Netherland,in the
sw-area this is the milder part of the country,(zone 8)
the area i live in is a man made polder,an water
levels are controled by hand if we don't pump
away the  water we wil be About 3 meters under
sea level.It is like living on a vulcano,
I don't have the Cape bulb book yet ,but that
wil soon come. I try to collect apart from the Genus Iris
more southern hemisphere species,I am not a member
of any other group,i started growing and knowing the
southern 'Irises' because in holland there are no good
collections of these,and i think they are better to
use in my muggy winter /summer conditions.Cool but wet,
as I am used to protected my plants in situ during
during cold air masses coming in from E-Europe and
Russia,.in winter
I started 10 years ago with southern hemisphere irises
(is there a better word to use?) so almost all are in the
greenhouse in winter.