CULT: ants on spuria; was Re:SPU: recommendations

From: Irisacher@aol.com

In a message dated 11/28/99 2:13:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fleurdelis@snowcrest.net writes:

<< The only reason that I did not purchase more this year was because the
 blooms were seriously attacked by ants.  To the point that the blooms
 lasted less than a day and were then eaten up.  >>

Hmmm.  Ants?  Is it possible that it was aphids doing the real damage, and
the ants were just "tending" the aphids?  Not that this solves the problem,
but we should know what we're dealing with. I didn't think that ants would
cause this kind of damage.

Dorothy Stiefel
IrisAcher@aol.com
Dryden, NY
where the SUN has reappeared, and I'm outta here after this cuppa!