Re: Re: HIST: SPEC: Paltec (pallida crosses)

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>The presumed difficulty of the PALTEC cross resides in the fact that it
>involves crossing a bearded iris and a crested iris.

Was the original pallida used in PALTEC a diploid?  If so, maybe it's
easier to get this cross today, using the modern tetraploids.

Anner, I loved your comment about tectorum being an "idiot's delight" to
germinate.  I'm trying it for the first time just now when I received a
package of Iris tectorum alba seeds.  It will be interesting to see if they
are truly white, or lavendar like Dr. Z's.

For a brief moment I thought IDIOT'S DELIGHT would be a cute name for an
iris.  but then I realized it's actually an insult to the person that likes
that iris!  I couldn't imagine a Dyke's winner being called that.  <g!>

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com