Re: CULT: Cutworms

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Mark Cook quoted:

	And then wrote:

>In the very early spring, they would frequently attack Irises when I
>lived in Lexington, KY.

	After reading this sentence I decided to say that that very first
	year I grew Japanese irises, 'August Emperor' was the first to
	show early spring growth and then it simply died. I dug around
	in the soil and found cutworms....I don't know if they were the
	culprits or not so I held off writing. I thought A.E. had simply
	succumbed to a late frost. But I suspected those critters.

	I have seen cutworms in the soil of bearded (notice I didn't
	forget the 'd' :)) irises as well later in the year with no
	harm done so I am on the fence on this one.

	Ellen

To view the Siberian iris archives:
http://www.mallorn.com/lists/sibrob/

Society for Siberian Irises web page: