REF:Symposium Ballot

From: "John Bruce" <jbruce@infinet.com>

While I have already submitted my favorites, I have an additional list
that may prove of some use. I do not know if Donald will find it useful
to the project, but I thought it might be of interest to the list members.

I have been clearing weeds in preparation for fall, and in
doing so have been able to observe growth of plants very
closely. Our summer was hot and humid, with very little
rainfall, and no other water.  Weeds grew rampantly at
times, and were not removed nearly as often as one would
like to see.<G> I have been removing a 2' cover of weeds in some areas.

I noticed that some varieties were growing EXCEPTIONALLY
well despite harsh conditions and some neglect. To make this list,
the plant had to really stand out in growth habits--heavy increase,
large increases (not tiny little shoots), and good foliage. In other
words, the plants listed were not just growing as expected,  but growing
well enough to make me think "wow" as I surveyed nearly 1000 TBs.
(Sorry, no time for medians today :) )

ABBEY ROAD
ALABASTER UNICORN
BABBLING BROOK