Re: Pacific Coasts

From: "Patterson, Dallas" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>

Being so heavily outnumbered here by the 'bearded' folk, it's a pleasure
to meet someone else who also appreciates the special attributes
of the Pacifica <g>.

Yesterday, we finished planting the latest arrivals of PCI from Jay and
Terri Hudson's The Iris Gallery. A brief hiatus in the constant rain
permitted us to slip the ten new Pacifica into their new flower beds. We
also divided our Coastal Glow and moved them to new flower beds.

The PCI are perfect companions to the JI and SIB we added this year from
the Iris Gallery, Iris City Gardens, and Ensata Gardens. The PCI foliage
decorates the front border, while the JI and SIB provide the larger
presence farther back. Don't get me wrong of course...we do grow other
things besides beardless iris...even a few TB ;-> But they do have to
make room for their larger  cousins around here.

While we're waiting for all of these new and great plants to settle into
their new homes for next year's bloom season, we're currently enjoying
the blossoms of our Christmas Iris. We are also in USDA Zone 8 here on
Puget Sound in Washington. We look forward to your stories about your
experience with PCI.

Dallas Patterson
nye@fidalgo.net
USDA Zone 8