Re: CULT:Survey List - Favorites

Hello Folks,

Thanks to  Marcia Connolly and Gary White, there are now more
than 1500 line entries on the favorites list.  As I check and recheck
what I've entered and work on getting it as accurate as I can (with
help given when I've asked - thanks), I'm here to tell you what fun
it is to have the plants come to life with the descriptions given.
These are great!  And I'm going to be the first to confess that I've
acquired a new iris from the submissions.  Begging is not necessarily
such a humbling experience when the reward is an iris! :)  Seriously,
this thing is going to damage the wish list which had just about been
brought under control.

And for me it is rewarding to watch the spurias and arilbreds come
in, since they are what I've been concentrating on acquiring and
increasing here in my expansive yard for the last couple of years.  I
have somewhat more confidence in having success seeing the wide
area from which they are being grown.  Arilbreds have popped up in
just about every geographic region - SC, OH, MS, NY, TX, CA, WA, NE
NM, just off the top of my head and I wasn't entirely expecting that, so
am pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I've pretty much got the lists where I can do the input fairly
rapidly now and the sorts seem to be working, so if you like, feel free
to send in a list if you haven't already done so and I will just add it in
with those I have.  I haven't started compressing the multiple lists
into single line entries and I've decided I ought to add a column for
the spaceagers since many are interested in those as a special
interest, so that will mean another double check of the lists.  I was
planning on that in any case, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7