Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re:SPU & Insects

I just happened to read in the paper this morning that ants hate garlic.  So it would seem, if that's so, an easy solution would be to make a spray containing garlic juice (chew the garlic up in a blender, strain, and use the juice) and wet the base of the plants early in the morning before any ants crawl up.  Or, I suppose, one could dust with garlic powder.  Worth a try, and certainly both cheap and organic.
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250