Re: Cult:Spiral leaves

Thanks to all of you for your input.  I do not know what the nature of this cultivar is, for it is a 1998 intro. that I saw in a garden only once...and don't think it had spiraled leaves.  I will keep a watch on it and see what happens.  I do not believe it to be the work of a virus, but then again, how would one know?
It is the fastest grower in my garden thus far.  I planted all my irises six weeks ago, and this one is the first to hit the foot-tall mark where every other rhizome has leaves only six to eight inches tall (with the exception of Scoonchie, which grew almost a foot before being eaten by a cutworm) .
The center leaf is spiraled 180 degrees.  It is the only one that spiraled so far.  It looks pretty cool.  I might even go so far as to say I like the look of it.  It would be neat to get them all to spiral like that, then add some variegated coloring to it and we could have a whole new look to irises :)
Patrick Orr
Zone 9 Region 15
Member: AIS, TBIS, SDIS (local)