Re: CULT: About the List Survey

From: DWiris@aol.com

In a message dated 11/29/99 12:15:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
HIPSource@aol.com writes:

<< I've been
 working with Donald on  the compilation, and my sense is we really could use
 some more information on the Japanese irises.  >>
 Hi Anner,

I had included Ruffled Dimity (L. Reid 85) and Nemurijishi (Seiko-en - Japan)
in my original list of 25, but here are 8 more that I put on my SJI
Popularity Poll.  Center of Attention (Rich 86), Izu-No-Umi (Hirao - Japan),
Night Blizzard (Payne 64), Frosted Pyramid (Marx 60), Azure Perfection
(Hazzard 65), World's Delight (Marx 53), Cascade Crest (Aitken 88) and
Electric Glow (Aitken 92).  My husband voted for some different ones
including Japanese Pinwheel (McEwen 88), Scheherazade (Payne 51), Sparking
Sapphire (A. Vogt 90) and Geisha Obi (Rich 89).  We didn't put it on the SJI
Poll, but I. ensata variegata (Silverband, Bauer-Coble 89) always does well
for us.  These were all growing in our own Zone 5 garden.  All the Japanese
irises were somewhat short this year.  I assume it was because of the heat
and lack of rain.  We did try to water them some by making trenches beside
the rows and running water down the trenches.  There just wasn't time to do
that very often.

Dorothy Willott