Re: 25 favorites

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Cliff,

Long time without hearing anything.  How're those two arilbreds
growing for you.  I currently have some aphids on a few of mine,
but hope the infestation doesn't get any worse.

This survey is very informal and commercial growers are quite
welcome.  Several have posted a list.  Nothing wrong with your
list or your bias.  My bias is the same.  Doubt I'll ever show an
iris.  Impact in the garden is a major consideration on the longevity
of a cultivar.  I have an attrition list as well :).  I think you should
go ahead and post this to the list and state the bias.  I suspect
that alone says a good deal about what is on the list and thus
makes it very useful for one reading it.  I myself set different
standards depending on the type of iris.  I'm more tolerant of
the vagaries of growing arilbreds as compared to more stringent
requirements for TBs.  I think most people who grow things do
those kinds of adaptations.  But that is also why the mainstay in
the garden is the TB type.  (But I'd love to successfully grow a
Japanese - failure so far).

Hope you post it to the list, but in any case I will print and compile
what you have sent.