Re: Re: REB: leaf blades per fan

  • Subject: Re: Re: REB: leaf blades per fan
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 08:12:09 -0400

Yesterday, I checked the blade total on some seedlings in the garden proper and thought the results might be interesting.

<<I would suspect that how reliable a plant is for rebloom is a combination of vigour and the MLC. That is the more it grows, the more fans will reach the MLC for that cultivar. the lower the MLC the sooner the fans will reach MLC.>>
Two seedlings from the same cross, 2005 series.? 2025-01 and 2025-02.?

2025-01 appears to have 12 blades counting old ones.? 75% (3/4) of the rhizomes have stalks, ranging from 8 inches tall to one that is finished blooming.?

2025=02 appears to have 14 blades counting old ones.? One stalk. . . .25%.? This one isn't showing color.?

These were the two strongest in this cross.?

The others, previously reported, with disappearing blades (old) were in the car port bed and get more moisture from the hose and the roof of the car port, which could explain the break down of old tissue.?

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Garden
KY
Zone 6