Re: REB: leaf blades/fan VIOLET MIRACLE, etc

  • Subject: Re: REB: leaf blades/fan VIOLET MIRACLE, etc
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:33:08 -0400

Linda, Thanks so much for the report.?

STAR GATE doesn't bloom early in the spring as most rebloomers do.? In 2006 my first crosses were made on April 22 & 23 and included Again And Again, Tara's Choice, Vanishing Act, Clarence, etc..? I waited impatiently for the STAR GATE blooms to open only to find they didn't have good pollen.? Most years, it is fertile both ways. ?It did set pods.? The first of these crosses were made on May 5, a good two weeks later.?

I can't promise it will always open this late in the season, but it should give you blooms most years.? So far, three of the Star Gate X Matrix seedlings have put up stalks.?

<<STAR GATE opened a beautiful bloom after being heavily frosted in bud for two nights, kept its beauty after being open and heavily frosted again.>>
Betty W
Bridge In Time
KY
Zone 6