Re: HYB: help - I. pallida crosses

  • Subject: Re: HYB: help - I. pallida crosses
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:52:42 -0500

Seems like I've never gotten any pollen on pallida here, but maybe some on the kids. I will have to let these things grow a few years to see which ones are the best clump formers.

On the other hand, I have a few cooperative "modern" (i.e., tet) non-rebloom seedlings that have been good clumpers, and have at least one cross with IMM that makes stalks like crazy. And is totally uncooperative about producing children!

The more I think about it, the less I see that these kids might have to offer my breeding program, but I will plant a few around the edges of the rows for the horse to weed in case I change my mind in the future.

<if pallida X IMMORTALITY isn't an option, you might want to still consider trying pallida pollen on IMMORTALITY.>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8